Where Do You Want To Go Today...?

My journey into the Library 2.0 learning discovery.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Week 4 - RSS & Newsreaders

Very interesting, at first I got real click happy and just subscribed to heaps of stuff... I thought to myself, I like to make sure I know the latest on what "really" matters to me, with a great emphasis on "really". But what I discovered to my dismay, is that the world won't stop and wait for me to finish reading all the latest happenings it just keeps going forward (how rude!). So after a quick re-check I greatly reduced my amount of subscriptions to a more manageable amount and it has worked really well.

Bloglines is simple and easy to use. A cool function from Bloglines is the
Bloglines Subscribe Button which makes it real easy to subscribe to any Blog / Site that supplies feeds by allowing you to link the site to your current set of feeds in Bloglines.

Feeds, well I'm a big fan of links (why type when you can click!) so I thought I would create a link to my feeds on Bloglines, this will allow quick easy access to all my feeds.

I have also created links to some
popular aggregators for those whishing to subscribe to my Blog. Simply click on your preferred aggregator and it will add my feed to your current list.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennet said...

Hi Joe - (I think it's you) How do I add the link on to my blog?

5:17 PM  
Blogger JB... said...

Hi Jennet,

if the link your referring to is the link to your Bloglines account you will have to insert some html code into your sidebar which you can edit in your Dashboard under Template.

For example the code below will create a link to your Bloglines account.

href="http://www.bloglines.com/public/YOUR ACCOUNT NAME">

More code can be included which will add an image and a title to for your link which will appear in your Blog's sidebar.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Jennet said...

Thanks heaps. I'll give it a go.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home