Where Do You Want To Go Today...?

My journey into the Library 2.0 learning discovery.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Week 3 - Photos & Images

Im in love... How cool is Flickr! I've used a couple of different sites previously for web photo storage but none have the editing capability that Flickr does.

Where can I begin...

I'll start with how easy it was to set up an account and begin uploading images, it took about 5 mins to register (need to create a yahoo account first) then you may begin to upload your images via the web browser. I was very impressed that I could give different viewing attributes to each photo, for example if I wanted them visible to public (everyone) or just family and friends (people I can select). Another cool option is downloading the Flickr uploader, which after a quick installation on your computer allows you to upload photos directly from your computer rather than the Flickr site, visit Flicker Tools to download.



One of my favorite tools was the Hockneyizer (weird name cool function) this allows you to upload a photo and a add a multiple "Polaroid" effect to it. Here's a couple of example's of my before and after images.



They look great don't they!
For more fun I highly recommend Flickr Toys.

Last but certainly not least I created a Flickr Badge which is like a mini slideshow of some of my selected public photos from my Flickr account. Fairly easy to set up just requires a little knowledge of HTML to be able to paste the finished code into your Blogger template.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine Mackenzie said...

Wow, you are going 'Great Guns', congratulations, we may make you a Mentor!

11:49 AM  
Blogger JB... said...

Thanks, it's been great so far. I must admit having some knowledge in HTML has been a great help. Mentor hey, sounds very interesting.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home