Where Do You Want To Go Today...?

My journey into the Library 2.0 learning discovery.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Most Significant Technology Advancement

Being an avid music lover, I would have to say that music on the web in particular mp3s has enhanced the internets capability to reach out and connect with people immensely.

For me music is more than just a simply melody, it has the power to reach into a person's soul and release multitudes of emotions that can either sooth or disrupt one's emotional state. We have all been there before, listening to the radio and a particular song comes on that reminds us of a defining moment in our lives, acting like a placebo engaging our minds to think and feel a certain way. Music cannot be fabricated, it is soley derived from the very essence of the human spirit, where creation is it's only driving force.

There are numerous music web pages floating around the web, a simple Google search on "music" will result in thousands upon thousands of pages at your finger tips. Hence the creation of the mp3 file.

MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, more commonly referred to as mp3, is the most popular digital audio encoding and lossy compression format. Designed to greatly reduce the amount of data requires to represent audio, yet still sound like a faithful reproduction of the original uncompressed audio.

It simply is the easiest way to listen to and share music across the web.

So therefore I would like to make a toast to the simply yet powerful mp3 file, I have embedded an mp3 player on my blog with 3 of some of my many favorite songs for your listening pleasure. Please feel free to listen to each of them as I plan to upload many more as time permits. For more information about having this function on your blog / site please visit
Jello.Yello.

(P.S Each song requires loading time to play, please allow a few minutes for it to load. Enjoy!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found my tutorial useful!

12:03 AM  
Blogger JB... said...

Thanks, it was very straight forward to follow and it works like a charm, the best best player I've seen.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home